Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix in 8meg ram

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:23:13PM +0200, Baeckeroot alain wrote:
 >  Le vendredi 23 Juillet 2004 10:37, DLP a écrit :
 >  > The unit is actually a Pentium 133 with 8meg ram  1.2gig HD. IBM Thinkpad.
 >  > The problem is that after asking my question I found that it won't boot from
 >  > the CD drive. Oh well.
 >  > Thanks for the answer.
 >  > Butch in Florida
 >  >

 >  You can make a boot-floppy with knoppix 3.3 (for 3.4 i dont know)

Or try to use Smart Boot Manager ( http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/ ) installed on
a floppy to bootstrap and chainload Knoppix from the CD.  I already did this
several times in similar cases, but beware that some older CD drives don't
recognize 700MB CD's (or if they do, might be less tolerant as to the burning
quality: I got loads of bad block errors on one latetly).

Greetings,

 - Serge