[debian-knoppix] Knoppix 3.3 not recognising my wi-fi card

Knoppix 3.3 doesn't recognise my new wi-fi card.  Its a D-Link DWL-650.  802.11b Wireless PC card adapter.  I got the "b" card in the hopes it has been around for a few years (unlike the "g" and "super-g" cards) and Knoppix would be able to recognise it.  I never got KPPP or WVdial to connect to my ISP either.  I'm not having much luck getting Knoppix to be much use at all...

I haven't tried the 3.4 version and this wi-fi card yet.