[debian-knoppix] Knoppix 3.4 on Evo N115 Compaq

Hi there

While the version 3.3 is allmost perfectly running on the laptop Compaq Evo N115 (exept the powermanagement  which doesnt show the correct state of the
battery), I am not able to boot the new version without choosing the "failsafe" option. Even then the  handling of the booted OS is quite a nightmare. So I
wonder what has been changed so far and what makes the running of the new Knoppix version so uncomfortable.  Does anyone have an idea how to solve
the problem? I also tried to switch of several of the hardware detection without much success.
The boot process stops allways after the second message from the boot prompt. If I enter vga=normal it comes one step ahead to ....booting kernel. The tux is never
visible on the screen.

If nothing helps:
How is it possible to get the battery controller running correctly under the version 3.3?

thanks for a hint

Zoltan