Re: [debian-knoppix] Install 3.4 to HD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fabian Franz" <FabianFranz@gmx.de>
To: "JEP & DLP" <jepeitsch@copper.net>
Cc: <debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Install 3.4 to HD

> Am Montag, 21. Juni 2004 23:37 schrieb JEP & DLP:
> > Well, I've searched the net and tried a dozen different ways to install
> > Knoppix 3.4 to my hard drive. I finally got to some good info to get to
> > root cd usr/sbin and then type command knx2hd. All it does is go into
some
> > kind  of loop and say it can't find something.
>
> Well perhaps you should _read_ what its missing.
>
> It says that its missing a Linux partition with at least 3 GB or its
missing a
> swap partition with at least 128 MB if you do not have 512 MB or more ...
>
> cu
>
> Fabian
Well group, I have done what Fabian and others have suggested and still no
install. I do think I have a bad cd and have ordered another. Hopefully this
one is alright. The last error I got was that it was looking for some kind
of dialog box that was missing and it was misreading the CD. I tried it on
another computer and got the same thing. I will keep you posted when the new
CD arrives.
Thanks
JEP