Re: [debian-knoppix] Whereis a howto to make a bootable Knoppix DVD

Hallo Yavor,

> net? I just found links howto burn a dvd with knoppix, which is no
> problem.
>
> Where is this HOWTO - burn dvd with Knoppix?

Actually, I can't tell any more, but here is what I wrote down:
Install tools:
        apt-get install dvdrtools dvd+rw-tools
DVD-RAM:
	mke2fs /dev/sr0
	mount /dev/sr0 /mnt
	cp -rp whatever /mnt

DVD+R(W):
        dvd+rw-format -f /dev/sr0             # ONLY +RW (rewritable)
        growisofs -R -J -Z /dev/sr0 /DIR      #delete+write
        mount /dev/sr0 /mnt/sr0; umount /mnt/sr0
        growisofs -R -J -M /dev/sr0 /DIR          #append
To use growisofs to write a pre-mastered ISO-image to a DVD:
	growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0=image.iso

CD-R(W) (not tested):
	mkisofs -J -v -split-output -o isoimage /DIR
        dvdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0 isoimage*
	dvdrecord -scanbus  # should give you the correct dev=?,?,?

Hope that works with you!

Have a nice day

Achim

--