[debian-knoppix] Cleanup after HD install.

Following the outline in the FAQ I was able to copy Knoppix
to my hdb3 partition. I was also able to convert KDE to
English language and a US keyboard. I used my existing lilo
on another partition to boot. Now I have a few
miscellaneous cleanup items.

1. Although I have an US keyboard under KDE, when I switch
to an alternate console (<CTL><ALT><F2>) I get a German
keyboard. How do I fix this?

2. Some programs (e.g. Vim) come up with partially German
menus, prompts etc. Can I fix this or should I reinstall
these packages?

3. I have been using Slackware since way back when. I am
used to modifying the startup scripts in /etc/rc.d. In
Debian there ain't any such animal.  So where are the
startup scripts for Debian?

4. At boot time the system boots 2.4.26 but then can't find
the mods for that kernel.

5. I have designs on creating my own remastered disk. What
program do I use in Debian to uninstall packages?

All replies appreciated.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers