Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:25:55 +0000
From: jeff <jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com>
To: debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Worth consideration??

B. Citizen66 wrote:

>Thanx:  I also don't buy his viewpoints.  I am one of the minority in
>this world who remember that billygates STOLE the MS operating system
>from Seattle Microcomputing company, who had to sue him to get their
>puny $50K dollars in insuficient and inadequate compensation!!!
>
>As some wit once said (not referring the the M$ supporters, but
>apropos!) "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made
>up."

Very true statement. :)

>I am with YOU, not with them; but as a newbie, I will say that
>Linux/Knoppix is V-E-R-Y difficult to learn.
>
>David Dunbar

I wouldn't say that it is difficult, it is just different. If you are
switching from Windows or an RPM based distro, yeah there is a learning
curve to be dealt with. Debian is a lot like Slackware. They both have
their own methods and layouts and will frustrate you until you get
familiar with them.

    Jeff