Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 21:15:48 +0200
From: Chris Liechti <cliechti@gmx.net>
To: leslie <l.scheelings@hccnet.nl>
Cc: debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] boot.img gone / how can we make and edited

 boot cd with 3kb for knoppix v3.4?

leslie wrote:

> I was used to make costum boot cd's with the floppy drive and
> boot.img,
> that would boot knoppix from the harddisk.

the new kernel does not fit on a floppy anymore, so there is no longer a

boot floppy.

> -cheatcodes i entered in syslinux.cfg (knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda5
> lang=nl
> etc) and made an costum boot cd , so to safely run an kiosk internet
> knoppix-

you can still edit the config in /cdrom/boot/isolinux and write a new
CD. you can also use a hexeditor to edit the original ISO and burn your
custom CD. (i do that always to change the language)

> Now with the new version ( V3.4 ) it would be nice to do the same,
> make
> an costum only boot disk to boot knoppix from harddisk. And i would
like
> to use K3B for it. Can this be done? And how?

you seem to have it copied on a HD, so why dont you use grub or lilo to
boot it?

HTH
chris