Re: [debian-knoppix] HAM-Radio Knoppix 3.4

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 02:07:08PM +0200, Helmut Esterer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> at first I would like to say many thanks to Klaus, Fabian and all the others
> worked on Knoppix 3.4
> - you did a great job!
>
> - It is very good that you have left the modules for AX25 and so on in
> Knoppix, against all problems
>   with too small place on CD!
>
> Can someone tell me what scipt or programm I have to start after changing
> the entry in the files
> ~/.kde/config/kcmshellrc and kdesktop for getting another image in the
> background?
> At the moment the image will not be activated. Only if I do so manually via
> the kontext of the desktop.
>
> Thanks and best wishes
>
> Helmut

Hello Helmut,

If you just want to exchange the background image on Knoppix, you can
simply put your own 1024x768 graphics in KNOPPIX/background.jpg on the
CD. No other changes are required. You don't have to modify the KDE
settings at all.

If changing KDE config files manually, you have to restart the specific
service of KDE or send a reconfiguration request (this can probably be
done with some kind of qt-scripting, but I'm not familiar with it).

Otherwise: You can "unmanage" the background image by KDE with the
Settings, and load your own images with xloadimage.