[debian-knoppix] Commandline Problems with 2.6 kernel "solved"

Hi,

I found the problem that some of you did have with 2.6 (blank screen) after
entering too many boot options.

In linux-2.6.5/init/main.c are hardcoded too variables that lead to a kernel
panic if there are more than 8 unknown arguments to the kernel ...

#define MAX_INIT_ARGS 8
#define MAX_INIT_ENVS 8

For all of you doing remasters / masters ( and you Klaus :-) ) should double
those values for example, which could lead to a higher memory need.

Another idea would be too disable the kernel-panic and just print a warning
with ignored options ...

or jusrt remove the panic:

-       if (panic_later)
-                panic(panic_later, panic_param);

Well there is no limit for creative ideas ...

cu

Fabian

PS: I hope this explains now the strange behaviour of 2.6 for all of you
trying ...