Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Is Knoppix dead?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Franco Saliola wrote:

> Matt Lawrence wrote:
> > Thanks for the link!  Now that Klaus Knopper has shown that it's very
> > practical to build a Linux LiveCD, I'm very interested in building the
> > tools to automate building my own custom LiveCD from scratch,
> What is needed is a minimal version: contains a
> minimal linux distribution with X (including all
> the wonderful autoconfiguration tools). Then from
> there, people can remaster the CD by adding
> packages instead of removing them.

You see, there's one difference between what you want and what I want -- I
would like to be able to build a version without X.  Some of my systems
are remote and have network accessable serial ports.

-- Matt
Attitude:  The difference between ordeal and adventure