[debian-knoppix] hard disk problem

--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

I hope you will help me...

I am using a debian (knoppix 3.3 version) under fluxbox environment. I
am using a laptop hp pavilion n3390, 128 mb ram, and 256 mb linux-swap
partition. I have a configuration problem with my hard disk. The disk
start working every time i use an application. But it works in not a
normal way. Start and stop, start and stop (like initialization), and
after few month it has damaged the disk in some badblocks. I have used
this computer some time with win98, and it doesn't worked in that way,
so, i have been looking for an answer but nobody can teach me about
linux situation. Can you help me?

Thanks very much

--- End Message ---