Re: [debian-knoppix] knopppix 34 md5sum

Hallo Marlon,

> Do you mean, like run a knoppix CD on the computer that has the iso
> file?

Shortly after booting from CD you are presented a "boot:" prompt (and
you may press F2 for help).
There you may enter knoppix testcd desktop=icewm screen=800x600 ... and
many more.

Then all files that are on CD are compared to their md5sums.

To test the CD you may even enter on a linux as root:
   dd  if=/dev/sr0 of=/dev/null # sr0 may not be the correct device for
your CD, mabe it is hd{a,b,c,d}

But the md5sums are much more reliable!

Bye

--