Re: [debian-knoppix] compiling new kernel on knoppix

On Saturday, 27 Mar 2004, Fabian Franz wrote:
Franz!
> > /usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis
> > nicht gefunden
> > make[1]: *** [scripts/fixdep] Fehler 1
> > make: *** [scripts/fixdep] Fehler 2
>
> I think some symlinks are wrong.
I will controll that...

> Possibly more information can be found on kano.mipooh.net -> Section Kernel
You mean the install-kernel-source-vanilla.sh ?
As far as I see, this script applies patches to the Kernel.
But I think, that "make config" should work even on a real vanillia
Kernel....

> I don't build kernels for my own, so I don't know ...
I want to apply some special patches, i.e. comedi, rtai.... O.K., I'm too
lazy to install a Debian... Maybe this is the right way...

BTW: Custom Kernels are very interesting for a lot of applications.
I hate compiling my own kernels, but sometimes it is really worth to do
it;-)

-didi