[debian-knoppix] pcmcia instead of cardbus

Hello everybody,

my laptop is equipped with a Cirrus Logic pcmcia socket (2 slots). The
SuSE 7.2 distribution with pcmcia-cs compiled by myself works fine
with the pcmcia subsystem. When I start knoppix, I cannot load the
required module i82365. The error message says there was no
device. Then I noticed, that
modprobe pcmcia_core
dmesg

on SuSE says that pcmcia_core was loaded with the options [pci] and
[apm]. On knoppix the option [CardBus] is indicated in addition. So, I
would like to know whether there is any possibility to force
pcmcia_core to leave out CardBus support.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Best regards,

Elias