[debian-knoppix] Lost Interrupts

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a mobo to use it in my 2nd pc. It appeard to be a somewhat linuxonfriendly board (Asrock k7s8x with the SiS 746FX northbridge). I believe linuxkernels have problems supporting it. The distr. I tried (knoppix 3.3/ct3.4, mandrake and a view other liveCd's) the bootproces comes to a halt and messages saying 'lost interrupt' appear. Tried several cheatcodes like 'noapic' but all to no avail. Meaby someone is having suggestions to tackle this problem!?

Would be greatly appreciated!