Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix and netinstall?

Hi Steffen,

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:58:59 +0100, Steffen Grunewald wrote:

> is there a way to do remote installs to PXE-enabled clients which are
> not equipped with a local CD-ROM drive? So they start up, query a TFTP
> server, get some magic information, mount /KNOPPIX remotely via NFS, and
> perform a hdinstall to a local disk?

Just use the regular "knoppix-terminalserver" script on the machine
booted from Knoppix CD. It starts all necessary services to boot
Knoppix on PXE-enabled clients. If a client is booted this way, you can
use knoppix-installer (or knx-hdinstall on older Knoppixes) as usual.
I sucessfully installed Linux on my JVC MP-XP 7210 subnotebook this way.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
Grunaer Str. 31                                    http://silmor.de/~chris/