Re: [debian-knoppix] problem with my sound system

my knoppix-3.3 is installed on a box with i810 audio built into the mother
board.
it can work.  mine does.
are you using the alsa-knx, i8x0 alsa(standard), or the i8x0 kernel modules?
it might help to have a little more information.

also, if you could give us the results to a: cat /proc/pci
it would help.

for example mine shows up as:
 Bus  0, device   2, function  7:
    Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound
Controller (rev 160).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=52.Max Lat=11.
      I/O at 0xdc00 [0xdcff].
      I/O at 0xd800 [0xd83f].

the SIS sound hardware uses i8x0 drivers.  btw, I also need a driver loaded
for the SIS hardware.  the cat /proc/pci will show what hardware you need to
have supported before the i8x0 can be loaded.

On Sat February 21 2004 10:07 am, Pat wrote:
> I've just did an hd-install and my sound server keeps on crashing whether I
> use gstreamer or artsd or xmms or whatever, I get "i810_audio: drain_dac,
> dma timeout" from bash then sometime I get /dev/dsp ressource busy and I
> need to reboot to make it work again with kernel 2.4.22
>
> any suggestions?
>
> thanx in advance

Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux