Re: [debian-knoppix] Fix for knoppix-install at ct-Edition

Hi Christian,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 02:17:13PM +0100, Christian Perle wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:59:43 +0100, steffen.grunewald@aei.mpg.de wrote:
>
> > >      http://people.debian.org/~tille/knoppix-utils/knx-local.ext2
> >
> > Thanks. If knx-hdinstall would be modified, I'd like to see some small
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Note that the current installer is named "knoppix-installer". The old
> installer "knx-hdinstall" is deprecated since Knoppix 3.3.

OK, I'll have a look at the newer one... (did knx-install with 3.3 of
2004-02-09, and except the partition and password things it went pretty
smoothly)

> > - mount /mnt/target *before* the real copy starts (so I can add some
> >   more partitions to the tree)
>
> Again, use knoppix-installer. Knx-hdinstall is no longer maintained.
> I don't have enough spare time for working on knx-hdinstall anymore.
> And with the new installer already present on the CD, I don't see why
> knx-hdinstall should be updated.

OK. It should go into the docs pretty soon then.

> > - let passwd create md5 passwords instead of crypt ones
>
> The chpasswd utility doesn't support md5 passwords, so what do you
> suggest for script based password setting?

I'd suggest some one-liner in Perl... if the modules are in place...
have to check

Gruesse nach Dresden (Grunaer Strasse? da war doch mal robotron) -
Steffen
--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)
Albert-Einstein-Institut (MPI Gravitationsphysik, http://www.aei.mpg.de)