Re: [debian-knoppix] Using a 486 for LINUX

Hi Bob

Le Vendredi 13 Février 2004 16:13, Ruzzo, Bob a écrit :
> It is a 486 with 24MB ram so it isnt the best or
> fastest. It doesn't have a CD rom BUT I have it set up to use a 100MB
> ZIP drive so I can still put large files on it.
.../...
>  I read something on a version called "tinylinux".
.../...
You should try  http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
Its a tiny knoppix, specialy tuned for weak machine, like your
nice  486+24MO which will have a second life with it :)

> Does anyon have
> any suggestions for a good command line version of Linux to learn
> commands?
Sorry , i dont know that but i m interested too.
Maybe have a look at http://www/tldp.org/
and search in the books section ?

> Bob_ruzzo@nksd.net

Regards