[debian-knoppix] help with root password

Hello, I am NEW to KNOPPIX and need a little help. I downloaded the file to burn to CD and was successful. The OS boots up on all 3 of my computers. I have a COMPAQ presario 1247 laptop w/ 128MB  400 MHZ. I also have a GATEWAY solo 1400 laptop w/ 512MB ram @  1000Mhz. AND a homebrew desktop 900mhz w/ 640MB RAM. KNOPPIX booted perfectly on all 3 systems! My problem is in order to change some setting such as setting the correct time on the clock, when you attempt this, a box comes up saying I need "Administrative privileges" to do this and asks for a ROOT PASSWORD. I dont know what the password is, i never set a password during initial setup. How do i solve this so I can set my clock and a few other thinsg?  I am the only user of these computers. I thought with LINUX you have to LOGIN first ti use it? Where do I look to get admin password. I am LOST on this!~~ Please help!!!! bob

bob_ruzzo@nksd.net