Re: [debian-knoppix] time setting on KNOPPIX-2004-02-09

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:34:09AM +0100, Conrad Newton wrote:
> I just booted the new knoppix with lang=us and WITHOUT utc.
>
> My hardware clock is set to UTC.  I expected that without
> the utc boot parameter, the time setting would be the same
> as the hardware clock (i.e. UTC), but instead I get UTC-6:00.

There is a timezone patch present contributed by someone from this list,
that may cause the timezone to be set "accurately", depending on the
language settings. But apparently it only works with the utc option.

> Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood something?

Probably a bug. Please check /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig and help me
out with a patch, if possible.

> Alsa gave some warnings that I had not seen in previous
> Knoppix editions, but it works nevertheless.

Hmm... I just upgraded the ALSA drivers, but the rest of the package
should be unchanged.

Reminds me, I forgit to update the repository. :-(
Will have to do that when I return from Flensburg.