Re: [debian-knoppix] neue knoppix version

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 10:02:53PM +0100, Yves Combe wrote:
> Klaus Knopper a écrit :
> >>Does it contain a 2.6 kernel (with updated cloop.o) and KDE 3.2 final ?
> >

> >Yes (as option), and no, current stable KDE was 3.1.4 at the pressing
> >time.
>
> cloop for 2.6? great. Where is the source, please, please, please?
>
> I will compare squashfs, i use actually (for my knoppix-mib-ppc
> version), and cloop.

echo "deb http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix ./
deb-src http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get source cloop

Please benchmark an iso9660-filesystem on a cloop file against sqashfs
with

for i in 1 2; do
time tar cpPf - /mnt/mounted_filesystem | dd of=/dev/null
done

for both (repeat loop to compare the efficiency of the block buffer
cache in both cases). I am very interested in comparisons.