Re: [debian-knoppix] java in Open Office

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 03:11:24PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Maybe I am missing something. I start up OO,
> and install an import/export filter (basically a pair
> of XSLT transforms), then try to "save as" my target
> XML. This works as expected in my normal desktop
> setup. Under Knoppix I get a fatal crash, which
> sends off an email to Sun (in German :-}). In .xsession-errors
> I see:
>

> Running OpenOffice for the first time: Setting up locales and dictionaries
> Starting OpenOffice.org.
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader
> Trace Message: javaloader - could not init javaloader cause of
> javaloader error - could not find class com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader

Ok. So you are actually complaining about a missing component in Java
1.4.2, which does not necessarily have anything to do with OpenOffice or
Knoppix, right?

> etc. This is what made me thing the Java part has been damaged along
> the way

I don't think it's damaged. It may just have been removed in Java 1.4.2,
for whatever reason, and the right address to ask about that would be
indeed Sun, because they created the proprietary runtime engine of Java.