[debian-knoppix] Re: Klik

On Thursday 29 January 2004 12:00, debian-knoppix-request@linuxtag.org wrote:
> > 2. Protocal installation produces some error
> > messages involving .directories
> > of other software. The test applet/script?
> > was successful.
>
> Please give detailed information at
> http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3D7680

I do not have the messages. They referred to subdirectoris such as:
home ...../.mygame

I assume that klik will create and use such directories which is why it was
"touching" them on installation.

> Did you use KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-14? All currently available klik packages
> = are built for that release. (More to come.)

I have Knoppix3.3 (boot sequence starts with 2.78, desktop configures with
3.3)

A weakness with wine is that is does not use a ".pif" file describing options
needed for a particular windows program to run correctly. It should
(Additionally, wine slowly chugs out symbol-matchups each time--this stuff
could be inserted into the pif file and reused!)! Then Klik could reliably
install windows apps. Now, it must be restricted to pretty bland and
well-behaved apps that will work with all defaulted wine properties.