Re: [debian-knoppix] [Announce:] klik

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 01:41, probono wrote:
> klik allows you to install software by just klicking a button on the
> "point-and-klick software store".
>
> klik is the easiest way to install software on Knoppix, even while running
> from CD. With a persistent home directory, you can even continue to use the
> software you installed after a reboot. Because one software package is
> always exactly just one directory within ~/, you can always delete software
> packages without any problems for other software.
>
> Try it yourself: http://klik.berlios.de/

There's some scripts referenced in another earlier post that installs
applications not available on the cd.  From the link you included, and linked
from there, it appears that you may have already, or will in the future,
include the scripts as additional applications.  Note that I tried the Quanta
install script and received an error message on start up, so it doesn't work
for me from the latest knoppix 3.3 live cd.  It installs, I get the splash
screen, then I get an error message.  I posted it here but no one responded.

If you can get Quanta Plus to work, it will help with windows users who are
interested in looking at linux, but an html editor is holding them back (and
Quanta is much more than an html editor).  I found a solution to the lack of
Quanta in Knoppix by trying Mepis, so it's no longer an issue for me.  It
will help others though, as I have been asked about this (a frontpage or
dreamweaver equivalent) while I'm showing them what Knoppix is all about.

And thanks for your efforts.  They are appreciated.

Bing.