Re: [debian-knoppix] Dialup issue

Reply to my own post.

Since posting the below matter, I tried logging in as root (as against just
su to root) and changing the permissions of /dev/usb/ttyACM0 to rw for group
dialout. This did not have the effect of permanently changing the
permissions. Once again they reverted to previous.

What would stop root from doing this ? If you log in
as root surely you should be able to do anything on your PC.

Brian