[debian-knoppix] no more sound from xawtv

My computer returned from the service with the mainboard replaced. In
principle this is still ECS K7S5A, but seems to have a different sound
chip.

The result is that with Knoppix of 2003-11-19-EN I have sound from
xmms and xine, but there is no sound fom xawtv; actually I hear a kind
of white noise.

My HD installation - Woody with the kernel upgraded to 2.4.20 -
behaves in an opposite way: I have sound from xawtv, but no sound from
xmms and xine.

If I can have sound from xawtv in Knoppix, I will not care about Woody.

I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)