Re: [debian-knoppix] Re:Configuration (Pedro M.) -- debian-knoppix digest, Vol 1 #753 - 2 msgs

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:44:09 +0100, Chris A. Hill wrote:

> Pedro....when you tried installing Knoppix to hdd, did you boot straight to
> the console (knoppix 2) or did you let X start up, then do an "init 2" to get
> X killed?  I found that if I booted straight to console and tried to install,
> it wouldn't configure X, but if I let X start and configure itself on a live
> boot, then did an "init 2" to kill X, the hdd install went fine.

Even when booting in runlevel 2, X should be configured.
The tool mkxf86config is called by knoppix-autoconfig in both runlevels
2 and 5.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
Grunaer Str. 31                                    http://silmor.de/~chris/