Re: [debian-knoppix] TCL configuration files & X include files for hd-installed knoppix 3.3

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:03:50AM +0200, eitan hoffer wrote:
> Problem 1
> trying to compile avview (to work with my ATI-aiw TV card)
> ./configure ends with the following error:
> -------------------------------------
> checking for Tcl configuration... configure: WARNING: Can't find Tcl
> configuration definitions
> -------------------------------------
> so where are these files? of course I have tcl/tk 8.3 and 8.4 installed as
> they come with knoppix.

You are probably missing the development header from packages such as
tcl8.4-dev for tcl 8.4.

But not that I happen to use avview on my desktop -- and a normal Debian
package is available. You also need tarball with binary driver from the same
sourceforge web site -- which Debian cannot redistribute.

> Problem 2
> trying to compile KSCP: ./configure ends with the following error:
> -------------------------------------
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
> -------------------------------------
>
> as knoppix has version 4.3 of X, which is yet unavailable in Debian, where
> can I get these libraries so I will be able to compile programs that need
> the X libraries ?

There are apt-get'able archives with Debian packages of XFree86 4.3, Knoppix
itself uses these. See at the end of /etc/apt/sources/list:

  # XFree 4.2/4.3
  #deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/packages sid/i386/
  #deb-src http://people.debian.org/~branden/packages sid/source/
  # deb http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/i386 ./
  # deb-src http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/source ./

Hth, Dirk

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page