Re: [debian-knoppix] another newbie question

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:39:42AM +0100, Catherine Kostyn wrote:
> I really appreciate all of your hard work, and even more appreciate your
> kindness and helpfulness to someone so new to all of this.
>
> There is probably an easy solution, and I have tried to research it but
> everything suggested I cannot find anything that works.
>
> I cannot seem to mount my cd-rom or floppy, let alone my zup (external)
>
> All I can seem to find is along the lines of :
>
> mount cd-rom
> or
> mount /dev/cd

On Knoppix, you can just access CD-Rom or floppy data at /mnt/floppy/ or
/mnt/cdrom/ , /mnt/cdrom1/ , /mnt/cdrom2/ ... No manual mounts necessary.

Otherwise, and also on other GNU/Linux derivates, you can mount any
media at any location.  Look into /etc/fstab for the default
mountpoints.