Re: [debian-knoppix] Annoying posts from people who can't read an FAQ

On August 3, 2003 08:35 am, Christian Perle wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 16:53:14 -0400, Jason Parry wrote:
> > Can we stop responding to these people who are just trying to
> > get everyone riled up.  Clearly they haven't read anything
> > about Knoppix (probably even Debian) or how it works and are
> > just whinning and yelling about why Knoppix isn't perfect for
> > them.
>
> I'm ignoring GP's posts for about six months now. He doesn't
> learn, he contributes nothing, he is just whining. In more
> recent posts, he even insults the developers. Ignore him.

Here's at least something we can agree on. The Linux World is
mostly one of "la pensée unique" (unique thought or thinking,
whatever). Anarchy is apparently the way to go. The Linux wild
bunch looks like a barbarian horde going against an organized
army.

To me that's no way to go. If Kai Lahmann is right, if writing an
installation script is a huge job, I believe it would be better
to have some kind of organization to get the job done.

If anybody thinks this kind of "suits thinking" is no
contribution, writing 100 messages to say I'm not contributing is
absolutely no use because it will never convince me.

The reason is very simple. As I said, I've contributed to projects
where developers where listening to people who never wrote and
probably never will write a line of code, and I personnaly think
the results are stupendous.

To me, the difference between Correcteur 101, to which I also
participated to later switch to Antidote, is that the people at
Antidote listen. I switched to Antidote about 2 years ago. Today,
there's almost nothing left of Correcteur 101.

Of course, Antidote is not doing so much better only because of me
-- I've seen numerous things in this soft I had never thought of
-- but because those guys listen and listen again. For them,
listening is central to the production of a good software.

So, if you thing that no end user should have a say if he's not a
programmer himself, it's no use starting new threads to bash me
and answer each other to pat each other on the back. This is just
cluttering the forum.

One thing is clear: you all thing the same. It's "la pensée
unique" which is fatal to any endeavour. So it's no use loosing
your precious time. JUST KILLFILE ME... and let's have a tenth
Linux on the desktop year.

BTW, if anybody here reads french, do you think I'm so wrong when
I explain on my site the basics of the theory of relativity, how
Nefertiti was probably the WOMAN who gave birth to monotheism
before Moses, what Tocqueville foresee as the future of democracy
in America, etc. ? So why should I be so dead wrong about Linux?
Are you really sure, I'm not worth listening to... just a little
bit?

Truly yours!

GP
--