Re: [debian-knoppix] Language environment for graphical sessions

Hi Massimiliano,

> I've run dpkg-reconfigure locales and set it_IT@euro as the default.
> I login into an X session using wmaker as a window manager.  Terminal
> messages are fine, wmaker messages too, KDE programs show up in German.
>
> Where do KDE programs get their setting?

I will give you a short description based on the assumption that your KDE is
still configured in german Language: open the KDE controllcenter (there is a
button in the taskbar called "Kontrollzentrum" and choose
"Regional-Einstellungen & Zugangshilfen->Land/Region & Sprache". Choose your
"Land" (Europa, südliches->Italien) and your language ("Sprachen->Sprache
hinzufügen->Sonstige->Italienisch") and confirm your changes by pressing the
Button "Anwenden". Then I suppose everything will be properly changed to the
italien language.

Greetings

	Rainer