[debian-knoppix] gd

I am using Knoppix 3.2. I am using Knoppix as a production server.

I have apache running. Default apache, no recompile or anything. If I do a phpinfo(), it shows: '--with-gd=shared,/usr' So, I assumed that libgd was installed... Further down the phpinfo page, there is no mention of GD, unline the dev server, where gd is listed:

gd

GD Support enabled
GD Version 2.0 or higher
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

So, my question is, how do I enable gd? Do I have to compile gd in /usr, and restart apache, or am I going to have to do the whole gd&php thing?

 Thanks alot,

 - Isabella