[debian-knoppix] re: connecting to broadband

Someone said:

>I have Knoppix downloaded and burnt on a CD.  It works but could not
>connect to Internet.  I use broadband with dynamic IP.

>I tried to setup PPP0 with my previous experience on RedHat Linux but
>could not get it connected.  Maybe there is no place to store the new
>config.  I read FAQ on the website and there is a description but in
>German.

I use a similar broadband setup with one difference and it works fine even auto configures itself. The difference? My DSL modem connection is handled by a router setup by with the previous operating system. Everything i have installed/used since has auto configured itself to work with the existing router/modem setup. everything includes Redhat 9 windows xp, Knoppix, windows 98 se and 98 lite.
Regards
Bob