Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

Klaus Knopper wrote:

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:42:03PM +0200, Oli Schacher wrote:
Some more:

shfs (shfs.sourceforge.net)
"SHFS is a simple and easy to use Linux kernel (2.4) module which allows you to mount remote filesystems using plain shell (ssh/rsh) connection. It supports some nice features like number of different caches for access speedup,
target system optimisations, etc."
AFAIK it's not apt-getable but has a "make deb" option.

Do you have a debian package for this?

as I said, you can download the normal tar.gz unpack it and enter "make deb" which will create a debian package. Or do you want me to do it and provide the download? No problem, but I do not know how to create an "real" apt source, I can just provide the .deb if you like.

jmp
- java memory profiler
If you get eclipse to work in any way jmp would be a nice addition. JMP is a profiler for java that can be
used to trace objects usage and method timings.

Well, so far, it looks like eclipse will not be included because of too
many dependencies for non-free software. :-(

too bad, but not a problem for me, got lot's of other systems with eclipse. Installing the normal "non-debian" archive and use the official sun SDK is not an option? (wrote this before)

Kind regards
Oli