Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:18:18 +0200
ml <ml@knorke.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> - synaptic (best GUI for apt)

agreed, very nice graphical apt-shell
(needs "run as root" if started from an icon in KDE)

> - xfce4, incl. xfwm4 xfprint4 xffm4 xfce4-utils xfce4-themes
>   xfce4-mcs-plugins xfce4-mcs-manager xfce4-iconbox
>   gtk2-engines-xfce xfdeskmenu4 xfwm4-themes (nice
>   small-footprint window environment based on GTK+)

imho xfce4 looks -very nice and slick- and is indeed light-weight,
-but- unfortunately i don't like how the filemanager and the
smb-client work, it's too unpractical to me

including a button on the xfce4panel for konqueror could "solve"
that though ;)

if you quickly want to try xfce4 (it's in debian unstable too btw),
try the morphix-light cdrom(http://morphix.sf.net)