Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

Klaus Knopper wrote:
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 03:35:27AM +0200, Chris Liechti wrote:

Klaus Knopper wrote:

We are currently planning a DVD edition of Knoppix for LinuxTag 2003
(http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/en/index.html).

[flightgear (http://www.flightgear.org/)]
Ok, I'm not sure about flightgear though (may need a rating).

i dont play it myserf, but it makes a solid impression

python2.2-*

What are all these python packages for?

for those who like to program in the python language ;-)

i have a list of concrete names of interesting packages.

python2.2-dev			distutil, create/build python packages
python2.2-doc			developer docs
idle-python2.2			IDE
python2.2-examples
python2.2-mysqldb		database binding
python2.2-pgsql			postgessql binding
python2.2-psycopg 		postgessql binding

python2.2-imaging		working with images
python2.2-imaging-tk

python2.2-crypto		cryptografic algorithms
python2.2-pyopenssl

python2.2-egenix-mxtexttools	text processing
python2.2-numarray		matrices, vector calcualtions
python2.2-numeric
python2.2-numeric-ext

python2.2-tk			gui lib (tcl/TK)
python2.2-pygame		gui lib/game lib(SDL binding)
libwxgtk2.4-python		gui lib (wxWindows)
python2.2-gtk2			gui lib (GTK)
python2.2-qt3c102		gui lib (QT)

python2.2-twisted, twisted-doc		networking lib

there are of course more... and some may already be installed (as dependency of other programs)

you can use python-* or python2.2-* packages as these are the same in testing (2.2 is the default python for testing, it was 2.1 for stable)

chris