Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 11:57:24AM +0100, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> >The remaining of the DVD space will be used for the free conference
> >papers, sponsor and multimedia stuff.
> >

> How about the movie revolution OS  but this DVD is revolutionary in tech
> terms is it not?
> <http://www.revolution-os.com/>
>
> They have Linux and Open Source splashed over their website ( but there
> is some mention of  RMS rapping too :-)

I have seen parts of it. Problem: We do not have the copy-/broadcasting
rights for this movie. And you don't want people to pay additional
"license fees" for it, right?

> You could probably talk to them for any special arrangements neded and
> probably get some clips or whatever.

I will ask your marketing guy, Michael Kleinhenz, if he thinks this is
possible.

> Then 'revolutionOS II' can feature Knoppix  too.
> Maybe there can be better suggestions along these lines.

Well, we are planning to make another "Making of LinuxTag" movie soon,
as followup to the one on the LinuxTag 1997 CD. But probably not before
this year's event.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/