[debian-knoppix] Dell Optiplex GX260

I wasn't browsing through the archives and noticed someone had a post about the Dell Optiplex GX260 not working with Knoppix.

The problem is when the xserver tries to start. If I use the boot command-line "knoppix xserver=ati", it works fine; however, if I don't enter anything and let it autodetect, the display goes blank and I have to pull the power. I suppose the incorrect video driver is being used, but, I don't know how to debug or prove that. I'd be willing to be a guinea pig and help fix this problem if someone can give me some pointers. BTW, this problem still exists in the latest release, Knoppix v3.2 2003-05-20. The video card is an ATI Radeon VE 7000 (32MB).

Scott