[debian-knoppix] mksortlist question

a while ago, about the script Knoppix.mksortlist:

The point is: It creates a file sorted by the access date of YOUR
installed packages, to generate an optimal file relocateion of YOUR
system.

i get this, but i want to know how do i generate an optimal succesion of file access for my CD. how often do you touch the mkisofs.timestamp file and what should i do with the installed/upgraded system to make it access the right things?

also - how long approximately should be the resulting file? mine is 124000 lines now and it seems to have slowed down mkisofs to a crawl. i must be doing something not intended - sorting every file on cd... :)

just let me say that i find klauses buildscripts the best way to master knoppix - they do a lot of their own magic to make the final cd 'just work' and save precious blocks

LF