[debian-knoppix] boot option "[x]depth=1|8|24|32"

Klaus,

Thanks for mentioning mkxf86config. I've added it to my list of files to
check before releasing any new jewelcase insert.

Say, I noted the xdepth|depth option there; is this a fair description?

    knoppix [x]depth=1|8|24|32    use specified X Window System screen depth

I tried a depth of 1, hoping to be brought back to the days of mono-
chrome Sun 3/50's and 60's, but, alas, I was greeted with what looked
like a 24- or 32-bit display. And a depth of 8 also looked like a 24- or
32-bit display.

Are my expectations out of line?

Regards,
Eric