Re: [debian-knoppix] XP Laptop and Knoppix

#include <hallo.h>
* Donn aka N5XWB [Fri, Apr 04 2003, 05:04:14PM]:

> Has anyone gotten a Laptop running XP with a lack of a bios
> CD boot to work under KNOPPIX?  I checked loadlin and it
> seems to be a DOS/9x/ME only program.
>
> These are rather common in the US.

Well, how do you boot a such crap to reinstall XP? If it should be
possible to boot it with an USB stick. Another way (untested with
Knoppix) is copying the bootable floppy image from the CD to C:\ and
declaring it in c:\boot.ini so you get it in the Win-XP boot manager.

MfG,
Eduard.