[debian-knoppix] Newsbie asking for help and one obs.

Greetings...

    First the obs: at the 3.2 the reload configs from floppy is not working,
none of the two
                           ways of call the data from floppy do the job.

    One question: the only way I can manage to get the KDE desktop configs back
is by mastering
                            the CD with the config.tbz created by the
saveconfigs command...

                            Could someone teache me about how to properlly deal
with that /etc/skel
                             stuff ?

   Other question: how one can get back the NIC running from boot ?
                              Even by writing that  config.tbz  in the CD the
interface is not been activated at
                              boot time !

Thank you and beg your pardon for my bad English.