Re: [debian-knoppix] missing flash plugin

At Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 02:21:42PM +0100, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> You are only allowed to download it personally for yourself. Which makes

It might be possible to write a Flash-download-script ;-)

> it impossible to include Flash in a regular distribution, unless you get
> a commercial license from Macromedia.

I once opted for a license. It's very easy to obtain. I just filled out a
form and got my license. The "purpose of my software" was "to build a CD
that replaces Microsoft software with free software" <evil grin> and thus I
got my "Flash redistribution license". I didn't use it, after all, as I
despise these proprietary software distribution schemes, but it was fun to
try ;-)

V.
--
http://www.openoffice.nl/   Open Office - Linux Office Solutions