Re: Re: [debian-knoppix] Gnome 2.2 on KNOPPIX, please

Hi,

Alex de Landgraaf <alextreme@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>i was planning to just to stay low, but morphix has had Gnome2.2 for a few
weeks now, and it seems to work quite well.
Where people can get morphix with GNOME 2.2 ?

>Imho, people wanting knoppix with gnome2.2 should just take a look at
>knoppix.net and try to build their own remastered version. If you want
something
>like gnome2.2, or any other application/windowmanager/whatever, try to do
it yourself first.

I think knoppix should contain base things like GNOME, KDE, OpenOffice, etc.
If somebody wants more - for example KNOPPIX orentied for Education software
- then has to do it himself.

>Knoppix is filled up to the brim
No, there are lots of unneeded packages - as I told previously:
"some old xservers - xserver-vga16, xserver-s3v, xserver-mach64,
xserver-3dlabs, xserver-i128, xserver-w32 and maybe some other ones of 3.3.6
version, because xserver-xfree86 is used instead (see
/usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86/Status.gz)"

These unneeded xservers waste more than 13 MB space!!! If Klaus decides to
incude GNOME2.2 - I'll try to find some free time for  help and find other
unneeded software (for example - orphaned libraries).

>fast and fast-moving, don't expect Knopper to include every change and
everything.
I don't expect to include "every change and everything" - I only think about
most important desktops and applications.

Good luck,
Mantas Kriaučiūnas <monte@mail.lt>
Jabber: <mantas@akl.lt>		ICQ: mantiena <44451746>
Meiles zinutes sirdies damai ar riteriui: siusk MEILE numeriu 1325.
Jei siunti draugui, po zodzio MEILE nurodyk jo mob. telefono numeri.
Zinutes kaina 1 Lt.  http://sms.delfi.lt/