Re: [debian-knoppix] KDE to be rebuilt against the new-ABI libfam

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 01:20:46AM +0200, Mantas K. wrote:
> From: Joerg Wendland <joergland@debian.org>
> [...]
> Wait for KDE to be rebuilt against the new-ABI libfam. See
> http://people.debian.org/~rmurray/c++transition.html for info.
>
> for more information see:
> and
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=fam
>
> KDE from unstable is already rebuilded and working. You can install GNOME
> 2.2 and KDE3.1 with:
>
> apt-get install -t unstable gnome-core kdebase

But there are not all packages available in KDE unstable yet, as opposed
to the stable edition.

So, I will probably just follow the recommendation, and wait.

> >Sorry, this is absolutely unacceptable. I won't remove a perfectly working
> KDE in order to install an experimental gnome version.
>
> GNOME 2.2 is not experimental, but stable version as KDE 3.1 too :)

Well, I just call it experimental because I have not seen a working
installation of Gnome 2.2 yet. Probably it's just me. ;-)

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org