[debian-knoppix] Re: a new realise of Knoppix before the upcoming 3.2 ?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 04:37:57PM +0100, Florent BERANGER wrote:
> Le Jeudi 20 Février 2003 15:20, vous avez écrit :
> > On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 04:15:24PM +0100, Florent BERANGER wrote:
> > >   Hello,
> > >
> > > 3.2 version is a long work, why don't realise a new version of 3.1, some
> > > important software are updated :
> > > knx-hdinstall 0.38 (Ultra DMA, KDE wizard,...)
> > > K3B 0.8
> > > VideoLanclient 0.5 with web browser plugin
> > > KDE 3.0.5
> > > LinuxVideoStudio 0.7
> > > and more...
> > >
> > > Klaus ?
> >
> > Well, as you said, since 3.2 is a LOT of work, I just won't have time for a
> > new 3.1 release right now, OK? ;-)
>
> Perhaps we can help you.
> What is the TODO for 3.2 ?

Complete KDE 3.1 for sid would be great. So far, a lot of packages are
missing. KOffice is not in Debian Woody. A polish translation for the
FAQ is pending. A better ddcxinfo tool needs to be written. Make Kernel
2.4.21 final + XFS appear. ;-)

Honestly, I'm working on too many things in parallel, and there is not
much you could possibly do to help. But if you know a reliable way to
find the best modeline and frequency for a TFT display automatically,
that would help for the moment.

Regards
-Klaus