Re: [debian-knoppix] changing UID for user after hdinstall?

On 12 Feb 2003, Dave Price <davep@kinaole.org> wrote:
> I have Knoppix running off of HDD, when I add myself as a user I get
> UID=1001 ... on all my 'other' systems, I am UID=500.  This appears to
> cause problems with NFS mounts and mount old drives.
>
> Is there an _safe_ way to change my UID?
please read the fine nfs manual
man exports
User ID Mapping solves your Problem perfectly. If you dont want to do
this, try, to edit /etc/passwd and use something like
find / -uid old_uid -exec chown

have a nice day. This is no Knoppix Questian. The Best thing for
something like this is your debian-user-YOUR-LANGUAGE_CODE Mailingliste.

Björn Lässig