Re: [debian-knoppix] Bootup in normal text

Hi Jeff,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:21:31 +0100, Jeff Elkins wrote:

> Thanks, Eaden, but I'm working from a Knoppix HD install, no F2 bootprompt
> available. I tried "vga=normal" as an append in lilo w/o luck.

The vga=... option has to be a single line either in the global section
or in an image section of LILO. Do _not_ put vga=... in the append=
line.

Example:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-xfs
        label=2.4.18
        root=/dev/sda6
        read-only
        vga=normal
        initrd=/boot/initrd.gz

Don't forget to run /sbin/lilo after changing /etc/lilo.conf

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de